Operating principle of pressure gauges
Pressure gauges belong to the category of process sensors and detect the physical pressure of a medium, e.g. of liquids or gases. The indicated pressure is determined via the relative pressure measuring principle, i.e. in relation to the atmospheric air pressure.
Direct and indirect pressure gauges can be distinguished. Direct pressure gauges can be classified into bourdon tube, diaphragm and capsule pressure gauges. The bourdon tube pressure gauges have measuring elements consisting of a bourdon tube coiled to form a circular, volute or helical spring depending on the pressure range. When pressure is applied, the bourdon tube starts to uncoil and the change in the travel of the bourdon tube is transferred to the pointer axis via tie rod.
Bourdon tube pressure gauges can be used to measure the pressure in gaseous and liquid media that are not highly viscous or crystallising. Pressure gauges with stainless steel process connection are used for aggressive media.
Consequently there are numerous applications for pressure gauges such as:
- Pressure measurement in pneumatic or hydraulic applications
- Pressure measurement in heating and air-conditioning
- Pressure measurement on compressors and in ship building
- Pressure measurement in the process industry: chemicals, petrochemicals, power plants, mining, onshore/offshore, environment sector, machine building and general plant construction
Order pressure gauges online from Automation24
Automation24 offers you many pressure gauges from the market leader WIKA at low prices. We have already made a qualified selection for you from the many pressure gauges as follows:
- Unfilled made of plastic with process connection from copper alloy
- Filled made of stainless steel case and a process connection from copper alloy
- Filled completely made of stainless steel
The offered, large-scale portfolio of pressure gauges of nominal sizes of 100 mm and includes filled and unfilled designs made of various materials. The scale range varies between min. -1bar and max. 400 bar. The accuracy classes of the pressure gauges with a G 1/4 B process connection are either 1.6 or 2.5.
At Automation24 you find a large selection of pressure gauges at very favourable prices. Select the pressure gauge suitable for you application now!