Development Kit pmd[vision]® CamBoard pico flexx - 700.000.094
Item number: 103844EAN: 4250738112186
- 3D camera development kit
- Based on pmd Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology
- Range: 0.1-4 m
- Up to 45 fps
- USB 2.0
- Laser Class 1
- Incl. Software package
Development Kit pmd[vision]® CamBoard pico flexx - 700.000.094The CamBoard pico flexx is a 3D camera development kit based on pmd Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology. It is a small, external USB device that is approximately the size of a pack of chewing gum and suitable for 3D detection applications. The pico flexx uses a VCSEL based IR illumination (Laser Class 1).
The CamBoard pico flexx comes with pmd´s powerful software suite Royale, containing all the logic to operate the 3D camera. Also included is the visualization tool, the Royale Viewer. Royale is cross platform compatible and runs on Windows, Linux/ARM, Ubuntu Linux, macOS and Android/ARM. The SDK to develop your own applications is C++ based and supports also several programming languages and libraries like ROS, OpenCV, OpenNI2, Matlab, C, DotNet.
Royale delivers the following data:
- 3D point cloud: X, Y and Z values for every pixel result in a point cloud of the observed scene.
- Grey value (IR): In addition to the Z values, each pixel provides a grey value which corresponds to the signal strength (amplitude) of the active illumination. This IR grey value image can be used for standard 2D image processing and is perfectly aligned with the distance image (Z-values). In addition, the grey value information is not affected by the ambient light, thus resulting in a very robust 2D image independent of the light conditions. Since the quality of the distance measurement can be derived directly from the signal strength, the grey value image is likewise a quality indicator for the distance image.
- Confidence value: This value indicates whether the measured Z value of a pixel is reliable or the quality of the measurement is impaired, e.g. by saturation or underexposure.